Job Interview Techniques
So you've impressed them on paper with your CV. Now’s your chance to impress them in person, in the interview. Use the following info as a primer on interview etiquette and on the questions you’re likely to face.
- Do your homework
- come with questions to ask them
- dress to match the role
- be aware of your body language
- remember your manners
- forget to switch off that mobile
- ...if you B and Q it
- badmouth a former boss
- read from your CV
- be afraid of silence
- bring up salary before they do
Interview questions they’re likely to ask, and how (not to) answer...
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What would you say is your greatest strength/weakness?
- Can you tell me about yourself?
- How do you keep up with current developments in your field?
- Why is a manhole cover round?