Loan Documentation Officer
Our client is an international bank based in the city. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Loan Documentation Officer.
The job holder will support the documentation of a range of lending products which is chiefly made up of commercial mortgages but also includes SME working capital & trade finance facilities. The role will require end-to-end management of the process following credit approval through to completion and ensuring collateral is correctly executed together with post-completion follow up.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Responsible for executing facility documentation in line with the Bank’s standard operating policy & procedures as well as applicable external rules and regulations
. • Responsibility for the timely issuance of credit facility documentation.
• Oversee queries raised by the Bank’s solicitors and valuers, resolving problems and/or referring them to the Head of Credit Administration or, where relevant, the Chief Risk Officer/Head of Business Development for approval in terms of the Bank’s delegated authorities.
• Liaison with Branch & Relationship Managers, Operations, Credit Approval and Remedial Management as appropriate.
• Review and assess reports produced by the Bank’s solicitors and valuers, identifying key risks, recommending possible mitigants.
• Instructing solicitors and valuers to ensure collateral and credit structure is executed as per each credit approval.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets & database tools.
• Strong understanding of credit documentation, security perfection, valuation, collateral management by way of work experience and relevant laws and regulations.
¨ Credit Administration & process experience with Property Finance & SME banking product knowledge.
PLEASE SEE OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT