Operational Resilience Manager
Our client is an international bank based in the city of London. An opportunity has arisen for an Operational Resilience Manager to join an overseas bank. This position will have a strong focus on the OR framework element and will be working closely with the Head of Operations to ensure the regulatory requirements of the framework are achieved and adhered to within the timeline given by the Bank.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the drafting of the Operational Resilience Framework policy document and providing periodic update to the all over-sight functions of the Bank.
- Work with our Important Business Services to ensure that their scenarios, mappings and vulnerability reports are produced to the expected standard and in line with policy.
- Be the point of contact for first line Operational Resilience related matters.
- Represent the Bank under the guidance and supervision of Head of Operations in any group OperationResilience programmes and/or worksho Ensure any Operational Resilience relating tooling is appropriate for the firm and is embedding into the Bank
- Ensure adherence and understanding of the Bank’s BCMS and BCP Policy.
- Provide central first line oversight of the Important Business Services controls monitoring/assurance, ensure risks are identified, quantified, remediated and centrally recorded.
- Provide central first line challenge to the Important Business Service control environment with a view to improve existing risks profiles and controls.
- Ensure that any Group Operational Resilience changes are implementing and embedded within the company
- Increase awareness / focus on Operational Resilience across the Bank by providing continued education & implementing an Operational Resilience focussed culture across the businesses, at all levels.
- Be an active member of the OR Working Group, coordinating the reporting from the Working Group to the Operations Committee, one of the governance committees of the Group
- Design and delivery of new controls and procedures in response to areas such as Operational Resilience in regulation/legislation, feedback from the business, operational risk and technology changes
- Undertaking a systematic review of all policies, procedures and checklists to ensure they are robust,scalable and meet the business requirements.
1st Line Operational Resilience Responsibilities will also include:
- Represent the Operational Resilience team in all relevant meetings and forums
- Review / challenge the Operational Risk impact to new projects, ensuring the right controls are in place to mitigate/reduce any existing or new risks introduced.
- As required participate in the Incident Management process, providing support to the Business lines in ensuring the right actions are in place to avoid future reoccurrences.
- Creation of governance reporting as required e.g. central reporting to OR Working Group.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven practical experience in developing policies and procedures and the successful implementation of these into a business
- A deep understanding of operational resilience, business continuity risk and internal controls appropriate to a regulated financial services business
- Strong internal and external communication and excellent interpersonal skills, together with the ability to develop good working relationships with various unit heads to form a strong communication channel.
To be considered for this role please click apply now
PLEASE SEE OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
City Of London
Ref ID: MM1112
£60000 - £70000